Jane Michel is one of the most inspirational business women I know. Her diet delivery company, Jane Plan, is growing fast thanks to her clear vision and her drive and determination. She has just released her first TV advertisement and I think it is a model any small business can follow for a TV advert or website video.
Here’s the ad:
So what makes it so good?
- The opening sentence qualifies the target audience and, by asking a question, gains the target’s attention.
- By associating herself with the need for a diet Jane positions herself as an approachable expert. If you look at her now you wouldn’t believe that weight had ever been a problem, she is a great advert for her own product.
- What follows is a succinct but clear and benefit laden description of the service. The photographs of the food illustrate the points being made and act as temptation for the interested prospect.
- Jane’s input is endorsed by a number of client testimonials, each emphasising a specific benefit of the Jane Plan service.
- The advert ends with a clear call to action, ‘Ring now…’ together with an incentive to place a first order.
If I had one suggestion for improvement it would have been to get one or two of her referees to be specific about how much weight they had lost on Jane Plan.
So if you have a sales message to convey in a video or any other form of marketing the following questions will help you plan the content:
- Who is your target customer?
- What problem is your product or service designed to solve?
- What are the benefits and advantages of your product or service for your target customer?
- How will you convey these messages?
- How will you add credibility to your message e.g. via testimonials or demonstrating results?
- What action do you want your target to take and how will you encourage them to act now?
If you need some help to plan your marketing message email Glenda for a free no obligation initial consultation.