This video has gone viral! It is being shared widely on social media and has so far had close to 6.5 million views on You Tube. As a result they have had media coverage across America. Wow! What a great way to publicise your new business.
The beauty of this video is that it showcases exactly what the business does and they don’t forget to promote the business at the end, complete with a web address. Unfortunately the video has been so successful that the website has crashed. However, there is also a link to Penn’s blog so there is a second opportunity to engage with viewers of the video.
What are the lessons for the small business owner?
- Make great content to showcase your offer
- Make it fun or emotional to capture people’s imagination so that they will want to share
- Be prepared if the media want to interview you
- Include more than one way for people to get in touch with you
- Check that any links work so that you can fix any problems as quickly as possible
Of course there is no guarantee that your video will go viral but if you don’t try you then you can’t succeed. I’m off to think about my video marketing plan for 2014, what about you?