After much thought and deliberation I have finally chosen my word for the year… drum roll… and it is ‘Influence’.
I have chosen the word because it is both a noun and a verb and it describes what my marketing and training business should be doing. It is a word that applies to all aspects of my life. I want to influence my husband and children to live their dreams and also to help me to achieve my goals. I want to influence my clients to go for their goals. I want to influence prospects to take specific action. I want to influence the staff and governors of the school where I am Chair of Governors to push the boundaries of what we can achieve. I want to influence my Young Enterprise group to dream big.
I have chosen the word because I want to increase my sphere of influence. This will lead me to some specific goals to be completed by December 31st 2014:
- I want to help at least 100 people to start a business.
- I want to sell at least 500 training programmes to small business owners.
- I want to be featured in at least 6 magazine or news articles reaching a small business owner readership
- I want to appear on at least one radio or TV programme on a start up or small business topic
- I want to break the 2000 followers barrier on Twitter and have at least 2500 followers in the small business community. Please help by following me @Glenda_S
- I want to engage with at least 250 small business owners via my Facebook page. Please like and join the conversation at www.facebook.com/thetrainingpack
- I want to complete at least 15 speaking engagements at networking groups and conferences with a small business owners target market
- I want at least another 100 people to follow and engage with this blog
- I want to publish at least one guest blog a month
I hope you will help me with my quest. I know that I have many more readers of this blog than comment here. I know that I may them think, I hope that I influence them to take action. If you can help me to achieve any of the objectives above do please get in touch, I need your help and hope I can do something for you in return.